Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, August 22

Up late this morning, around 8 a.m. and skipped my exercises. Mother came over as I was getting ready for the day and put a beef roast in the slow cooker. We had this for lunch with carrots and onions, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Otherwise, it was a usual Sunday morning of programming the DVR, etc.

Mother went home after lunch, and Hubbie and I goofed off the afternoon....he reading gardening books, and I on my laptop computer, talking with family at a social network.

The heat is still on weather-wise, but it's in the mid-90s today instead of the 100s. Counties south of us are still roasting, though, and are under a heat advisory. Lower 90s, lower humidity, are promised for the middle of the week, but then the temps are to soar again next week, drat it.

Later, we had pancakes for supper, and then watched the movie "The Express," a 2008, PG movie (though I'm not sure why it has such a low rating, since there is language in it, though not THE word). The movie, starring Rob Brown and Dennis Quaid, is a true story about football player Ernie Davis, the first African-American football player to win the Heisman Trophy. A story of triumph over adversity, but with a sad ending.

Looking forward to water aerobics starting back up tomorrow morning. Hope the pool is warm. I've been getting to bed so late, and rising so late these past few weeks, though, that I might have trouble getting up at 6:30 in the morning.

0 comments: