Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday, August 24

Up around 7 a.m. and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and she and Hubbie started a pot of chicken stewing.

At 11 a.m., I met a haircut appointment at my beauty shop. Two friends were also there getting their hair done. I serve with one on the visual arts committee of the arts council.

She asked if we have been camping lately, and I mentioned that we are planning a trout fishing trip in September. She and her family camped with us years ago at the same trout fishing river, near a dam. Frequently, water is generated over the dam, there is a warning siren, and the river rises slowly, so that wading fisherman can easily vacate.

On this particular day though, we heard no warning siren, and the river rose so rapidly that we found ourselves scrambling for our lives up a steep embankment. We can laugh about it now, but it could have ended disastrously.

Back home, we had chicken noodle soup for lunch, and then Hubbie and I ran errands...to the Post Office, to the pharmacy, and to the WDCS. I found a pair of loafers at the WDCS for $10 in my size, so I bought them without trying them on. At home, I discovered that they were way too big, so we went back to return them. I hoped to find another pair that fit me (tried them on this time), but had no luck.

Since we were out, I decided to stop by the everything's a dollar store, where I picked up several more rubber stamps.

At home, Mother had put potatoes in the oven to bake, and we heated leftover beans and sauteed cabbage to have with them for supper. Mother went home after that, and Hubbie and I settled in front of TV.

Later, we watched the movie, "Answer Man," a 2009, R-rated romantic comedy starring Jeff Daniels and Lauren Graham. A middle-aged know-it-all reclusive author writes religious best sellers, and claims to get his answers directly from the Almighty (apparently, the Almighty is willing to overlook his foul-mouthed attitude). His bad back sends him to a young chiropractor (Graham, with whom he falls in love.

0 comments: