Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday, August 31

Last day of August. Not sorry to see it go, hopefully taking it's record high heat and humidity with it, rather than passing it on to September.

Slept late this morning, until 8 a.m., but did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. By the time I was ready for the day, it was 11 a.m. So I didn't accomplish anything before lunch. For lunch, I fixed cheese omelets (using egg substitute) for Hubbie and me, but Mother opted for a PB&J sandwich.

After lunch, Hubbie and ran errands...first, we went to the local radio station to see if we could get tickets to Branson shows. We found some to the Tony Orlando and Lennon Sisters show, and to an Amazing Pet show. Prices for these shows was two tickets for each show for less than half the cost of one ticket.

With the tickets we bought, we were given two free tickets to a comedy show, and two free tickets to the Veterans Memorial Museum. We went to the museum last year, so we will offer these tickets to someone else when we arrive in Branson.

From there, we went to the grocery store for a few items, including bread, cereal, and ice cream. Then we dropped by the medical clinic so Hubbie could leave a CD the X-ray his chiroprator made. The chiropractor wants the doctor to check on what he believes is a calcium deposit.

Then we went to the art gallery to see if Branson tickets offered at the summer celebration silent auction were still available. They were, but some of them had already expired. But there were two shows available. We offered $10 for the four tickets and the arts council director was glad to accept it.

Back home, I checked a Branson show schedule online, where I discovered that the animal show is not scheduled for the week we plan to be there. So Hubbie took them back to the station and got our money reimbursed.

So now we have enough tickets to admit the three of us to two shows, but will need to supplement the other two shows with tickets for Mother. And I want to buy tickets for the Andy Williams Christmas show...these will be the most expensive ones, but Mother really wants to see that show, so it'll be worth the price.

Since I was checking out shows online, I went to the site of a dinner theater in a nearby town, because I had bought two tickets to that theater at the summer celebration silent auction. I decided we might like to see "Guys and Dolls," which ends its run this weekend. Before I made reservations, and bought a ticket for Mother, though, I asked Hubbie to get the tickets out of his briefcase so we could check them. He couldn't find them. We've looked everywhere, but so far haven't turned them up. Drat, I hate that.

Later, for supper, we had Spanish rice and the last of the slicer tomatoes from our garden. Mother stewed the remaining grape tomatoes for the freezer.

Mother went home after that, and I went to the other store that has a sale every weekend to see if I could use a 40% off coupon. I found a silky, sleeveless tourquoise top on the clearance rack. After using the coupon, I paid $3.64 for it. The clerk and I both laughed about that.

At home, Hubbie and I watched the PG-13 romantic comedy, "(500) Days of Summer." A bit of fluff that turns the tables of 20-something romances. A greeting card designer guy meets what he believes is the girl of his dreams. The girl warns him that she doesn't want a permanent relationship, but when she breaks up with him, he goes into a tailspin and spends the rest of the movie hurt and angry with her. Not sure where the comedy comes in.

In the middle of the movie, I realized I'd forgotten that President Obama was to speak tonight. But after the movie, I went to an online news site, and we watched the video there.

0 comments: