Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday, Oct. 29

Today is Great-Granddaughter's sixth birthday, and Great-Grandson's third birthday. Happy birthday to both!

We were up late, around 8:30, this morning, and I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

Spent the rest of the morning after getting ready for the day ironing clothes and doing laundry. Pretty exciting stuff.

When I came downstairs, I saw that Mother had come over, and was sitting in the living room working puzzles. If I'd known she was here, I would have come downstairs earlier, and said so. But Mother commented that she didn't need a babysitter, and I shouldn't stop whatever I'm doing to keep her company.

After lunch, we decided to make a big batch of whole wheat pancakes for the freezer, but I discovered that we didn't have a carton egg substitute thawed. So I put a carton of it in a sink of cold water, and prepared the dry ingredients.

While we waited for the eggs to thaw, we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," and "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown," that I'd recorded on DVR.

By the time those features ended, the eggs were thawed, and I finished mixing the pancake batter. Hubbie did the honors of cooking them. We all agreed that these whole wheat pancakes are much better than the ones we had for supper last night.

After that, we watched the 2005, R-rated movie called, "Constantine," starring Keanu Reeves, and Rachel Weisz. Reeves plays a guy dying of lung cancer, who teams up with a policewoman (Weisz) to solve the mysterious death of her twin sister. They travel through an underworld of demons and angels in their quest. The digital effects scenes of hell are pretty fantastic, but this is not a movie for the faint of heart. It's a far cry from Charlie Brown.

Supper of leftovers, and more TV.

0 comments: