Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday, Oct. 28

Up late, around 8:30, on this rather chilly morning, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. After I got ready for the day, I spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon updating anti-virus programs on my office computer and my laptop, and then doing full scans on both.

Didn't accomplish much else while that was going on. Mother stayed home most of the day. Hubbie ran errands this afternoon. While he was out, he called to say he'd been given three tickets for a pancake supper fundraiser, and he planned to stop by the church where the event was being held to pick up the food for our supper.

Mother came over about 3 p.m., bringing jars of the herbs she's been drying this week. Since it was too late to start another major project this afternoon, we opted to watch the 1954, black and white movie, "Creature From the Black Lagoon." The first time I saw this movie as a young teen, Mother went with me to the theater. During every scary part, when the creature reached out it's webbed, pointy-fingered claw to grab someone, Mother beat on my knee. The movie is pretty tame by today's standards, but it's good for a walk down memory lane.

Later, we heated the pancakes in the oven, steamed the sausage (yukky to me, but Mother and Hubbie like it), prepared a couple of slices of turkey bacon for me, heated syrup and dinner plates in the microwave, and fried eggs for a breakfast-for-supper meal.

Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I did our usual TV watching...several favorite one-hour shows.

0 comments: