Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday, Nov. 26

Up at 7 a.m., but skipped my exercises to go to an 8 a.m. Black Friday sale at a music/video store, and to the store that has a sale every weekend. The clothing store actually opened at 4 a.m., but there was no way I was going to get out that early. I didn't need to, because I found what I wanted...at the advertised 50% off...after 8 a.m. I was primarily interested in intimate apparel for Mother. I also found a pretty animal print blouse and a brown on black jacket on the clearance rack for myself.

We were back home around 9 a.m., when we had a late breakfast. Mother and Sis came over shortly after that, and we spent the morning watching two versions of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade that I'd recorded on DVR yesterday.

While we did that, Hubbie went back out to shop the Black Friday sales at a home improvement store and at a farm store. He bought a ladder at one store, and a kerosene heater and bird seed at the other.

After lunch, Mother and Sis set up another jigsaw puzzle, while I cleared away the materials we used making crafts yesterday. In so doing, I noticed that one of the cats had knocked a booklet of crafts instructions from a table, and Shih Tzu had an accident on it. Earlier, she had an accident on the carpet in front of the TV. She has suffered today with diarrhea, maybe from eating too much chicken yesterday. Hubbie gave her a couple of doses of Pepto Bismol, hoping to cure the problem.

Later, I uploaded snapshots to a social network, and read a couple of newspaper editions...the state paper (we get these on holidays), and our local paper. Most of the stories revolved around Thanksgiving and Black Friday activities.

Supper, of course, was leftovers from yesterday's feast. All good again. Afterward, Mother and Sis continued working their jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I watched our favorite college basketball team suffer a disappointing loss in overtime play.

0 comments: