Friday, December 31, 2010

Thursday, Dec. 30

Got up late, but did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother and Sis came over mid-morning and started a new jigsaw puzzle, while I was getting ready for the day.

Before lunch, Sis agreed to pin up the hems of a pair of my brown slacks (while I was wearing them), so that I could stitch them later. In the past, Mother has insisted on hemming slacks for me, but her hands and fingers just aren't up to it anymore.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to a bank, to a pharmacy, to the everything's a dollar store, and to the WDCS. At the dollar store, I had hoped to find some New Year's hats, noisemakers, etc., to use during the evening for a New Year's Eve eve "party" But there was nothing available. I did, however, find a box of party items at the WDCS.

When we got back, I joined Mother and Sis in working on the jigsaw puzzle. We completed it before supper.

For supper, we had spaghetti with French style green beans, cottage cheese, and slices of yeast bread.

Then we donned our party hats and leis, and played Michigan Rummy until nearly midnight. Reasoning that it must be New Year's Eve somewhere...probably in Australia...Hubbie brought out bubbly golden Asti Spumanti, which we enjoyed with cheese and crackers.

0 comments: