Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday, March 6

Today is Nephew's birthday. Happy Birthday, Nephew!


I got up at 7:30 this morning, but skipped my exercises, because I anticipated getting things ready for a fried chicken lunch. But when I called Mother on the intercom, she said Sis wasn't feeling well. She was running a fever and didn't have an appetite. So Mother and I agreed that a chicken noodle soup lunch might be better.


Soon after I talked to Mother, she and Sis came over to our house. As they were walking in the door, our black cat suddenly shot through the house with a plastic shopping bag wound around him by the handles.


The faster he ran, the more noise the bag made, and the more terrified he became. He whammed into doors and chair legs in his rush to get away from what he perceived to be his pursuer.


Finally, in the storage room, he managed to release himself from the bag and go into hiding behind storage containers. It took Hubbie quite a while to locate him and coax him out so he could comfort him. This cat has been the bane to my existence, but I felt sorry for him today.


While I was getting ready for the day, Mother and Hubbie went ahead and got the chicken soup started simmering. Close to noon, I put canned biscuits into the oven, and heated honey to melt it from a sugared state. I was the only one who had honey on my biscuits...Mother opted for pumpkin butter, and Hubbie chose apple butter. Sis had soup sans biscuits.



After lunch, we watched the 2009, PG animated movie, "Fantastic Mr. Fox," with the voices of George Clooney and Meryl Streep. In this feature, a fox promises his pregnant wife to give up stealing chickens and get another job. He becomes a newspaper columnist, but finally can't resist his old ways. He enlists friends to help him pilfer from the farmers again, but finally the farmers get tired of his thievery and vow to eliminate him and his family. Things ultimately turn out fine, of course.


After the movie, Mother, Hubbie, and I enjoyed dessert and coffee, but Sis wasn't interested. I did give her a hunk of the lemon pudding cake to take to Nephew for his birthday, though. Sis left around 3 p.m. She still had an uneasy tummy, but she assured us she was fit to drive the two hours back to her home.


Mother went to her house after Sis left, and I went to my office computer to post snapshots of Saturday's activities...Mother's birthday party, and the kid's day event at the museum.


Then I joined Hubbie in watching TV for the evening.

0 comments: