Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday, March 10

I was up around 7:30 this morning, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.

Hubbie went to a Master Gardener meeting at 10 a.m. Once I'd gotten ready for the day, I began the project of cleaning the upstairs bathroom...not just a routine cleaning, but deep cleaning that included washing the window blinds and curtains, washing the window, cleaning woodwork, thoroughly scrubbing down the modular shower, etc.

Since I planned to wash the bathroom curtains, I decided to also wash the curtain in the hall and the ones in the downstairs bedroom, which naturally necessitated washing the blinds and the windows in those areas, too. Hubbie helped me with those after he returned from his meeting and we'd had lunch.

Mid-morning, the arts council director called to ask me to provide some sort of refreshment item for Second Friday events downtown tomorrow evening. An artist is to speak at the art gallery, and she wanted a variety of nibbles available for folks who wandered in. I agreed to provide something.

I decided to try a recipe of chocolate chip scones that I found online last night. It's made with fat free milk, sugar substitute, and applesauce in place of oil, which is healthier than the cookie-like scones offered at the home medical board meeting yesterday morning.

So I temporarily abandoned my bathroom cleaning project and made a double batch of the scones, which are biscuit-like, but tasty. Hubbie tried one when he came home and declared it to be good. I also took one to Mother to sample, and she put her stamp of approval on it.

After lunch, she came over to try on her new jeans for me to assess. She said she thought they might be too baggy. I agreed they were somewhat baggy in the front, so I offered to go to the store and see if there was a pair in size 10 petite. There was one pair left, in stone washed color instead of indigo, but they were on sale for $9.99. The other pair was $15. She took the smaller size home to try them on. If they are okay, I'll return the $15 pair for a refund.

It was about 3:30 before Hubbie and I quit working on the bathroom and windows. I still haven't done all I want in the bathroom...the area rugs need to be washed, and the drawers need to be sorted...but we were far enough along on it to quit for the day.

Later, we had leftovers for supper, and then we watched a movie while our favorite college basketball team's tournament game recorded on DVR.

The movie we saw was the 2009, PG-13 film, "Fast and Furious," starring Vin Diesel. Fast cars, lots of action, chase scenes, gun play, explosions, and scantily clad women...what more could a guy ask for?

Following the movie, we watched as our team went down in defeat.

0 comments: