Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday, July 15

I was absolutely done in by bedtime last night, after several non-stop days of activities, so I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, and slept until 7:30 this morning. After breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises.

Hubbie went to a Master Gardener meeting around 10 a.m., and while he was gone, I did household chores. A thunderstorm, with quite a bit of rain, cropped up while I was working. Got an inch and half of rain this time, which helped the gardens.

Hubbie returned by noon, saying it hadn't rained much at the Extension Office, where the MG meeting was held. It's strange how it can rain hard in one part of town, and hardly rain at all a few miles away.

I fixed us a chef's salad lunch, and afterward, mixed a batch of hand cream, and made sea salt scrub. Mother came over while I was doing that...she'd stayed home this morning.

I put the hand cream and scrub in pretty jars, labeled them, and added them and a jar of bath salts to a wire basket containing colored tissue papers and yellow grass. After adding a couple of silk flowers, I put the basket in a cellophane gift bag, and tied it with a big bow. This will become another fair entry.

Mother stayed around for a little while visiting, then decided to go home and work on making a novelty necklace to enter in the fair. I didn't accomplish much else this afternoon beyond washing a load of clothes.

Hubbie and I went out for supper, since I hadn't planned a meal. We came home with enough food for another meal.

Tonight, we watched the Lifetime Movie Network feature, "The Boy She Met Online." A 17-year-old girl meets and falls in love with a boy online, whom she later learns is a recently paroled ex-con. Things go from bad to worse as the young man gets involved in drug running, and eventually witnesses a murder. Will the girl's mother be able to rescue her daughter from a bad situation?


Note: Hubbie's granddaughter was due to have her baby today, but when she saw the doctor, he said she was nowhere near ready, and that it'd probably be another couple of weeks before she went into labor. That must have been a shock to her mother and dad, since they traveled to upper Michigan a few days ago to be with her for the birth, and take care of her afterward. We don't know if they'll just plan to stay there, or return home and go back to Granddaughter's later.

0 comments: