Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, August 19

Up at 6 a.m., before the alarm went off, to get ready to go to water aerobics. I actually thought this was our usual hour to rise on water aerobic days, and thought Hubbie just forgot to set the clock. But 30 minutes later, he came downstairs and reminded me that we usually get up at 6:30 on swim days.

Oh well, there was certainly no chance that I'd arrive late for aerobics. The pool was really chilly this morning. We were told that neither it nor the dressing room showers have warm water, because something is apparently wrong with the boiler again. I thought they had fixed that problem! In fact, I'd heard they'd gotten a new boiler. Guess not.

Back home later, Mother came over, and we planned the menu for the weekend and next week. After lunch, Hubbie and I shopped for groceries at the WDCS and a couple of grocery stores.

We also dropped by the post office to have a manila envelope weighed for postage. There were three other pieces of already stamped mail, too, but learned that one, which was a birthday card for Mother's and my friend, needed twenty cents more postage, because it was square. I'm glad we didn't just stick that in our home mailbox. It might have arrived at our friend's house with postage due. That would have been embarrassing.

This was a handmade card, but I'll remember from now on to make all my cards rectangular and not square. Or if I make a square one, I need to remember to put it in a rectangular envelope for mailing.

Later, I started to make a batch of pancakes for supper, using both white and wheat flour, but when I opened the bag of wheat flour, I found it was full of bugs. Yuk! So Hubbie went back to the store to buy a fresh bag. I meant to put the wheat flour in a container with a few bay leaves shortly after we bought it, but failed to do so. As they say, "my bad."

To add to my frustration, when I closed the Tupperware canister that contains the white flour, the lid broke. Phooey. Now I need to see if I can locate a new lid, or start looking for a new set of canisters.

Hubbie did the honors of cooking the pancakes, which were very tasty, thanks in part to some milk that soured before Mother could use it all.

Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie went out to mow the yard, while I played on my laptop.

Later, we watched TV, including a 2008 Syfy movie called, "Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon," starring Shannon Doherty, and Michael Shanks. In the Grand Canyon, a team of researchers from the Smithsonian stumble on an Aztec city guarded by evil spirits.


















0 comments: