Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday, August 20

Up around 7:30, but skipped my exercises so I could get ready to go downtown to the art gallery to help with a painting project. Hubbie went with me, and we worked about five hours painting bookshelves, a large counter, and baseboards. The colors chosen by I don't know who are dark and light clay. I'm not crazy about them, but maybe they are exactly what's needed as background for artwork.

I'm sure that both of us will be sore and stiff tomorrow from bending, squatting. and getting up and down from the floor. Others worked harder than we did, though, since they spent yesterday taking down and storing art, and then priming the walls. Some will continue working tomorrow afternoon in hopes of finishing the project. But I think we have done all we are willing to do.

We were back home around 3 p.m. Mother had sauteed onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms for pizzas on whole wheat thin bagels. Later, I put the pizzas together for the oven. We had them with cottage cheese, and mixed greens and baby spinach salads topped with garden tomatoes and Vidalia onions.

Mother went home afterward. Before she left, she mentioned to Hubbie that the freezer portion of her refrigerator isn't working, so Hubbie went over there to check on it. It looks like we'll be faced with buying a new fridge for her.

Later, Hubbie and I watched the 2008 movie, "The Dark Knight," starring Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, and other well-knowns. Batman battles mastermind criminal, Joker. We'd heard a lot of positive comments about this four-star movie when it came out, but never got around to watching it until now.

Thunderstorms predicted for overnight.




0 comments: