Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday, Jan. 6

Up late again, around 8:30. Skipped my exercises in anticipation of going for a bike ride this afternoon, since it was such a nice day.

After breakfast, and once I was ready for the day, I went to Mother's house to help her take a shower.

Didn't accomplish much else for the morning, other than locating the wall hangings and other decorations for the living and dining rooms, some of which were a challenge to find, because Hubbie boxed part of it, and then couldn't remember where he'd stored the box.

This is a frequent occurrence with Hubbie. Yesterday, I searched everywhere for a binder of scrapbook templates, which I finally discovered that Hubbie had put in a closet with similar looking binders of family photos. The appropriate place for the binder is with my other scrapbook supplies.

A few weeks ago, he insisted I had put some papers someplace when I was clearing surfaces in anticipation of company coming. I couldn't remember ever picking them up, but I searched in all the places I usually stash stuff, without result. I finally asked him if he'd checked his briefcase, where he keeps most of his business papers. Sure enough, that's where they were, right where he'd stowed them.

I've decided it's time for us to use a notebook to record where we put stuff.

After lunch, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, where she sorted a couple of batches of beans, and diced onions, banana peppers, and ham for making 11-bean soup tomorrow.

Then we relaxed and watched the Rose Parade that I'd recorded on DVR, but only got around to watching today.

Good news today: my ex-husband came through quadruple bypass heart surgery just fine. And my cardiologist's office called to say my stress tests are normal.

Around 3 p.m., Hubbie and I went for a bike ride. It was a mild day for a ride, though it was a little windy.

Back home later, I fixed a supper of biscuits and gravy, with a side of scrambled eggs for supper. Hubbie accompanied Mother back to her house afterward, and then we settled down to watch TV, including a Lifetime Movie Network feature called, "Gossip." A woman returns to her hometown, divorced and with a ten-year-old child. She meets an old college flame, and they both find they still have feelings for each other. The problem is, the old flame is married to her daughter's new soccer coach, a woman she has recently befriended.

Later, we watched our favorite college football team play in a bowl game. Our team won. Yay!

0 comments: