Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thursday, Dec. 5

Up late, around 8:30, on this lovely, sunny, mild day, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. I wondered if I'd be able to use my weights with my bandaged finger, but I did just fine.

It took a lot longer to get through my shower routine, though, because it was awkward trying to put on the rubber glove and then peel tape off a roll and apply it to my right wrist with my left hand. Taking a shower one-handed was interesting, too, but I finally managed it. It was also a challenge conducting my dental hygiene routine, as well as applying makeup. It's amazing how much I relied on, and took for granted, that right index finger (since I'm right-handed).

It was noon by the time I was ready for the day. Funny: Hubbie and I decided on pb&j sandwiches for lunch. He got all the stuff out, and put a couple of slices of bread on each of our plates. Then he proceeded to prepare one of the sandwiches.

Meanwhile, I set the couch pull-down table with napkins, glasses of water, etc., then brought my plate to the den, settled in to watch the noon news, and took a big bite of my sandwich. I immediately returned to the kitchen and said, "I'll bet this sandwich would be a lot better with pb&j in it."

Hubbie broke out laughing. "I thought you'd fix your own sandwich," he said. "I never know how much pb&j you want."

After lunch, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. I gathered the materials necessary for making thank-you cards, and we spent the afternoon doing that. The cards are for Hubbie's daughters, who brought Mother and me lots of neat gifts the weekend before Christmas.

Once again, it was a challenge doing the things necessary to card-making...using scissors, punches, rubber stamps, colored pencils, etc., but I managed. The project was good for Mother, and she enjoyed it.

Since Mother's and my handwriting is awful right now, I typed notes to include in the cards. Typing is a bit of a chore, too, but I just have to resort to the hunt-and-peck method with my right hand.

Later, we had a supper of homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches...Hubbie did the honors with those. Hubbie accompanied Mother back to her house afterward, and then we watched TV, including a Lifetime Movie Network feature called, "Ultimate Deception." A woman bartender marries a man, and wants a baby. But her husband turns out to be infertile. So he resorts to murder and deception to provide her with the child she wants.

0 comments: