Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday, Jan. 3

Up late this morning, around 8:30, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. It was a very cold day, so Mother stayed home, of course. I didn't visit her today, though Hubbie checked on her several times.

She was busy enough, since a nurse, and the physical therapist assessed her today. The nurse, a male this time, said she is doing very well, though she has been approved for a few more weeks of occupational therapy to make sure she's doing okay in activities of daily living. The physical therapist, however, said his job is done. Now it's up to Mother to use her own initiative to do the exercises he has outlined and helped her practice.

I spent my day doing laundry and other household chores, and then after lunch, I cut up veggies for a stir fry supper...onions, carrots, mushrooms, celery, bell pepper. In doing this, I found that the veggie drawer was past due for a cleaning, so I discarded gone-south veggies, and washed the drawer.

Then I made two batches of chai tea...one decaf/low-fat/sugar-free kind, and one regular kind.

While I was doing these things, Hubbie visited his doctor. He's had a couple of episodes of burning in the groin, and we wondered if it was related to the hernia repair he had a couple of years ago. The doctor allowed that it might be related, but that Hubbie should play the wait-and-see game. If symptoms increase or become more frequent, then he'll refer Hubbie back to the surgeon for consultation.

Later, I stir-fried the fresh veggies, and then added a package of frozen stir fry veggies to it. Then I cubed the leftover rotisserie chicken and added it to the veggies. I also added fresh ginger and a variety of spices, and then thickened the mixture with low-sodium chicken broth, to which I'd added light soy sauce and corn starch. We had the stir fry with helpings of instant rice, and slices of crusty bread. Hubbie took a helping of the meal to Mother.

Afterward, Hubbie and I watched TV, including a 2007 Lifetime Movie Network feature called, "Mr. Brooks." Kevin Costner stars in this drama about a serial killer controlled by his murderous alter ego. Demi Moore, and Marg Helgenberger co-star.

Later, we watched our favorite college basketball team as they played to a win.

0 comments: