Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday, April 30

The last day of April already. The months are rolling by faster and faster all the time!

Up at 6:30 so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. Very warm morning, but the pool was quite a bit cooler than it was Friday. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my swim once I got accustomed to the water. Twenty-one ladies showed up today, so it was a bit crowded for aerobics.

In the dressing room: first lady: "I bought a package of deli meat the other day that my husband fell in love with. It's turkey and ham wrapped in bacon."

Me: "They say if it tastes good, spit it out."

Second lady: "My doctor told me that, too. I changed doctors."

Walking back to my van, I noticed five dogs of various sizes and breeds at a house across the street happily ripping trash bags and scattering the contents. This must have been trash pickup day for the folks at that house, but they were probably furious when they discovered the mess, which the trash men would not have picked up. Whatever is not properly contained does not get picked up.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I visited Mother for a few minutes. She was under the weather and had a headache. I took her temperature, but she registered normal. So I gave her a couple of Tylonol Extra Strength and recommended that she take a nap this afternoon.

At lunch, Hubbie fixed Ramen Noodle soup for her. He and I settled on PB&J sandwiches. After lunch, I downloaded snapshots taken over the weekend, uploading some to my social network page, and sending some via e-mail to Hubbie's niece.

Then I spent time reveiwing the lesson plan for this afternoon's tutoring session. I met the student at 2:30, as usual. The first thing the student did was provide the requested tickets to the Civil War Ball. We discussed the ball, and what we plan to wear, before getting down to business.

The lesson included using the past of "be" with "going to." "I was going to buy the watch, but I didn't." "We were going to buy a car, but we didn't." Practice included the student answering questions, using "going to...but didn't." "What was Carla going to bake?" "Where were you going to go after class?"

She also learned to use adjective clauses with "that." "I like the picture that Gail put her picture in." "You can keep the money that Mrs. Green gave you."

We finished the lesson with reading comprehension, in which I read a paragraph, and she repeated back what she'd heard. Then she read a story from her workbook and answered the questions related to it.

Back home, Hubbie had heated our supper of split pea soup, which we had with cold meatloaf sanwiches. Hubbie took a helping of it to Mother, which she had with the remainder of the pimento cheese.

As soon as I'd eaten, I headed out again to attend an arts council meeting, called because we needed to discuss plans for an upcoming Summer Celebration event scheduled for June. In an hour and a half, we were unable to iron out all the details, so we will need to meet again next Monday night.

Back home at 7:30, I went immediately to Mother's house to see how she was feeling. She had slept two hours this afternoon, had a good supper, and was feeling much, much better tonight.

Later, Hubble and I watched TV, including tonight's episode of "Dancing With the Stars."

Busy, busy day.








0 comments: