Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday, April 11

Up at 6:30 this morning to get ready to go to water aerobics. It was a bit chilly this morning, and the pool felt chilly when I first got in it, too. But I was very glad to get back to swimming after a week away from it.

Sixteen of us showed up this morning. Unfortunately, one older lady walked into the pool forgetting that she'd tucked her cell phone into the top of her swimsuit. I'm puzzled as to why she was carrying it there, but I doubt it'll work again.

Funny: a car that parks in a space directly across from where I park at the college has a sign on the front bumper that says, "This car insured by the Mafia...you hit me, we hit you."

Back home, while I got ready for the day, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, where she continued working on her jigsaw puzzle.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to a grocery store to get a 20-lb. bag of red potatoes that were on sale (can share these with Daughter when she visits this weekend); to the newspaper office to leave this week's word search puzzle contest; to a fabric store to buy cheesecloth; to a bank; and to another grocery store to take advantage of coupons, and buy my favorite brand of fat-free ice cream (this store seems to be the only one that carries it); and then back home again to leave these groceries before going to the WDCS for the rest of the groceries. Chocolate Easter candy was on sale here, so I bought several packages of it...again, to share with Daughter.

At home again, I found Mother sitting in her chair, frustrated. Seems that she was well into constructing the jigsaw puzzle, when she accidentally hit the cardboard she was working it on, knocking the whole thing to the floor. She was in no mood to reconstruct that puzzle, so I found another one for her. This time, I put a TV tray table under the cardboard to stabilize it.

Later, Hubbie put potatoes in the oven, which we had for supper with leftover beans and ham, and turnips, and the first of the veggie garden crop...green onions. After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, where I helped her take a shower, and then I threw a load of laundry in the washer.

An arts council visual arts committee meeting was scheduled for 5:30 this evening, but since the only item on the agenda was an upcoming juried art event, about which I have nothing to contribute, I skipped the meeting.

Hubbie and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV, including another episode of "Betty White's Off Their Rockers." Funny, funny.

0 comments: