Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday, May 21

Up around 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother over to our house around 9 a.m., and while I got ready for the day, she chopped veggies for making potato soup tomorrow, as well as cutting veggies into strips to use with cheese dip.

Hubbie ran lots of errands today, and I ironed clothes and did other things for the upcoming week. After lunch, I prepared for a tutoring class with my student, but at the college, I waited ten minutes past the appointed hour, and when she didn't show up or call me, I called her. In the frenzy of getting ready for a trip to Venezuela Wednesday, she had forgotten to call and cancel her class today.

She did say, however, that after her face swelled up, she had been forced to have that abcessed tooth extracted. She feels a lot better now, thank goodness. She'll be gone on her trip for three weeks, so I relayed this information to both the college librarian, and the Literacy Council director.

Back home, I grabbed my camera and went outside to snap pictures of road workers parked in the ditch of our yard, where they worked at the corner of our yard, as well as the corner of the street across the road. A large truck with trailer for hauling heavy equipment, pickups, as well as a backhoe, and portable cement mixer, graced both sides of the road and part of our yard. All this equipment made for a noisy day, as several men worked digging holes. Hubbie speculated that they are creating culverts to widen the roads for large trucks, horse trailers, and the like, of which there is a goodly number in the neighborhood.

Spent the rest of the afternoon doing things related to the upcoming week, including visiting the farmers market to pick up grape tomatoes, new potatoes, and cucumbers.

Put leftovers in the oven for supper. After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I went to the WDCS for the weeks's groceries.

Back home, we watched TV, including the made-for-TV movie, "Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt," and tonight's episode of "Dancing With the Stars." These are the final two nights of the show for this season, so tomorrow we'll learn who takes home the mirror ball trophy.







0 comments: