Saturday, May 26, 2012

Trip, Day Three, Friday, May 25

Hubbie and I woke up around 6:30. I immediately noticed I had a seed tick on the back of my knee. I tried to get it off, but couldn't. Since Hubbie was awake, he attempted to remove it, but it was so small, he had to get his eyeglasses and a pair of tweezers. Removing the critter required me to get into an awkward position that made me glad that Mother and Sis were still asleep.

Later, after a breakfast of muffins, breads, and fruits, we got ready to head home. We were on the road by around 9:30 for the five-hour trip that touches three states.

Before we left Tunica, we stopped at a gas station to fill the truck with diesel. This was easier said than done, since the first pump Hubbie tried was for 18-wheelers. He went inside to find out what pump to use, then started to maneuver into it, before discovering that the nozzle was on the opposite side from the truck tank. So he had to pull the camper all the way around the building and swing the opposite way to the pump. Finally accomplished the task and got back on the road.

Today was a day to be pulled over by the police, apparently, because a lot of folks were getting tickets. Memorial Day weekend made the police more vigilant, I think. We took special care not to attract attention.

We arrived back home mid-afternoon, and promptly began unloading the camper. The weather, which had been very pleasant these few days, suddenly turned hot and muggy this afternoon. It seemed to happen within minutes. I carried a load of clothes into the house, and by the time I went back out, the weather had changed.

Upon carrying a load into the kitchen, I happened to glance at the tote that contains my medications. My meds weren't there! Gads! I'd packed them for the trip after all! But where were they? I went out to the camper to tell Hubbie about my discovery.

We went through every closet, and then he unloaded the pantry. Lo and behold, way back in the back was the Ziplock bag of meds. So obviously Hubbie didn't always store the meds in the usual cabinet, as he had insisted. He stammered that he must have been distracted when he put the meds in the pantry. I didn't accept that excuse and demanded an apology, since I'd spent a lot of time apologizing when I thought I'd forgotten them.

Later, Nephew arrived, and around 5 p.m., we had a supper of leftover barbecue, soups, veggies, and cheese dip. Sis and Nephew prepared to leave soon after.

I accompanied Mother to her house, where I helped her take a shower, and then threw a load of laundry in the washer. At home, Hubbie and I showered, and then relaxed for the rest of the evening. When we went to bed, I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.



0 comments: