Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday, June 16

Slept late this morning. In fact, Hubbie had to wake me up around 8:30 a.m. Since I was so late getting up, I skipped my exercises and just went on and got dressed. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and we worked to prepare food for tomorrow's gathering for Hubbie's birthday, and Father's Day.

We spent five hours in the kitchen, where Mother chopped veggies for various dishes, and where I baked two cakes...lemon and pineapple upside down...and twenty four chocolate cupcakes. I also made large batches of potato salad and baked beans. While we did this, Hubbie vacuumed and did other household cleaning chores.

By 3 p.m., we were ready to relax. Mother worked on her jigsaw puzzle for a while, until around 4 p.m. At that time, I made an egg, cheese, potato omelet for Mother's supper. I put the omelet in a microwave dish, so that she could heat it later, and then I accompanied her home, where I helped her take a shower, and threw a load of laundry in the washer.

Later, Hubbie and I went to a Mexican restaurant for supper. I haven't been to a Mexican restaurant in three years, but since this is Hubbie's favorite restaurant food, and it's his birthday weekend, I decided to treat him.

I ordered chicken fajitas, and had enough left for another meal. Hubbie ordered chili rellenos and ate it all.

After dinner, I gave Hubbie the choice of going to a movie or watching our favorite college baseball team in the College World Series. He opted for the game, which our team won. I'd recorded the game on DVR.

Note: Hubbie received the cutest card from Son and Daughter-in-Law...it's a singing card, with a "dog" and a "cat" woofing and meowing to the tune of Happy Birthday to You." Hubbie loves it.





0 comments: