Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday, June 7

Up around 7:30 on this pleasantly mild morning. After breakfast, I did a treadmill and resistance bands session. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m., where she continued working on her jigsaw puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house, while Hubbie worked in the yard until lunchtime. After lunch, I completed a monthly report for the Literacy Council, and then ran errands before my 3 p.m. dental appointment.

Although I arrived at the dentist's office plenty early, it was after 3 p.m. before the hygienist was ready for me. I'd had the forethought to bring along my e-reader, but not enough sense to bring my glasses, so I had to amuse myself watching the blue and yellow fish in the new fish tank that has been installed since my last visit to the clinic. New at the clinic, too, are the bright red scrubs that all the female staff are now wearing. They are certainly eye-catching!

Everything is fine in my mouth right now, so it didn't take long to complete the cleaning. The hygienist sent me home with a bag of goodies that included a new toothbrush, between teeth brushes, dental floss, lip balm, and three coupons for small ice cream cones from a local fast food restaurant.

Back home around 4 p.m., I heated leftovers from last night's supper. After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, and helped her take a shower, and then I threw a load of laundry in the washer. Spent the rest of the evening watching TV, including a movie called, "Cool Dog," starring no one we recognized. A family must move from Louisiana to New York City, leaving behind a young boy's German Shepherd dog.

Naturally, the dog escapes his keeper, and sets off to find the boy. This movie strains credulity to the breaking point as it has the dog driving a car, playing a banjo and a piano, navigating a subway system, winning a checkers game, and other feats. The two main children in the film are cute enough, but the acting by the adults is pretty awful. Hubbie seemed to enjoy the humor in the movie, though. Young children might like this film.

0 comments: