Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday, July 22

Up around 7:30, but skipped my exercises, as I usually do on Sunday. After breakfast, I started a pot of pinto beans cooking. Hubbie chopped veggies and ham for me. Sis and Mother came over mid-morning and started working on a jigsaw puzzle.

I did my usual Sunday routine, and then finished reading the John Grisham novel, "Calico Joe." Around 11 a.m., I simmered a pan of turnips, and sauteed potatoes in olive oil. Hubbie had peeled and sliced the potatoes earlier.

We enjoyed the beans and ham, potatoes, and turnips, with coleslaw, and sliced tomatoes, along with cornbread. Afterward, Mother retired to the couch for a nap, while Hubble, Sis, and I went to a town about fifteen miles away to buy watermelons from our favorite farmer.

Before we did that, we tried once again to locate the beauty shop for which we'd won a gift certificate at the fair. But again, we had no luck. We gave the certificate to Sis, who will try to call the shop tomorrow to make an appointment, and get specific directions on how to get there.

Back home, Mother was ready to get up, and we spent the afternoon watching mystery movies on the Hallmark Channel.

For supper, we had deli turkey sandwiches, with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and Vidalia onion on bread rounds, and a side of cottage cheese. Though the watermelon was not quite cold yet, we went ahead and had slices for dessert.

Then we spent the evening playing Skipbo. Mother won two games, and Sis, Hubbie, and I each won one. Sis accompanied Mother home after that, and Hubbie and I watched another suspense movie before hitting the sack.

0 comments: