Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday, July 25

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. Really enjoyed this last session until we return August 22, after summer break. As soon as I returned home, I called the lady who usually stands by me during aerobics to let her know when we're scheduled to go back. She had called me yesterday to say she wouldn't be able to attend today, because she'd had a tooth extraction after having an abcess.

We have a new member, a lady I know, but haven't seen in a long time. She's a noted seamstress, who has won numberous awards, and has been featured in magazines for her original and highly creative designs.

She joined the water aerobics group because she suffered a back problem that kept her in bed for several weeks. I can relate, since several years ago, I also spent weeks in bed after throwing my back out. If there was water aerobics at that time, I wasn't aware of it, or I would have joined.

Back home, Sis accompanied Mother to our house, and then while I got ready for the day, she went to meet her 10:30 haircut appointment.

Later, we had a sandwich lunch, with fresh fruits...pineapple, cantaloupe, and watermelon. After that, Sis was ready to get on the road to her house.

Shortly after she left, Mother headed to the couch for a nap, Hubbie and I ran errands...to shop for groceries at the WDCS; to another grocery store; to a cafe' to pick up chicken salad; to the newspaper office to leave the word search puzzle contest; and to the gas station.

Back home, we did this and that until suppertime. Supper was more leftovers...spaghetti and sauce, sweet potatoes, sauteed potatoes, and beans and ham. Mother made a butter/powedered galic/Parmesan cheese spread for hamburger buns from the freezer that I thawed in the microwave and then toasted in the oven.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and waited while she showered. Threw a load of laundry in the washer before coming back home.

Spent the rest of the evening watching TV, as usual.





0 comments: