Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday, July 24

Up around 7 a.m., and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises. Mother and Sis came over mid-morning, and Mother made a batch of pimento cheese.

Once I was ready for the day, Hubbie, Sis, and I, hopped in the van to drive by the beauty shop where Sis will get a haircut tomorrow. Sis made an appointment today for 10:30 in the morning. Hubbie had called yesterday to get directions to the shop, which had moved from the address shown in the phone book (which is why we couldn't find it when we searched three times). The beauty shop was easy to find, so Sis will have no problem going there tomorrow.

Around 10:30, I met an appointment to get my hair cut at my regular beauty shop. I arrived early for my 11 a.m. appointment, but my stylist was ready for me, so I was back home before 11:30.

For lunch, we decided to sample the pimento cheese. Afterward, Mother headed to the couch for a nap, and I went to the art gallery for a couple of hours. Hubbie and Sis pursued their own activities.

Only two people came into the gallery while I was there, so I had plenty of time to read a novel on my e-reader. I was back home around 3:30.

Mother was up when I got back, so we gathered leftovers to put in oven dishes for a buffet supper. Watched TV the rest of the afternoon.

Supper included spaghetti and sauce, beans and ham, sauteed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and barbecued pork chops, plus the remainder of the cornbread.

Later, around 6:30, we went to see a community theater production of "Beauty and the Beast." Tonight was a dress rehearsal, which meant the performance was stopped from time-to-time to iron out kinks. By 9 p.m., it still wasn't intermission time, so we decided to leave. We enjoyed what we saw, though. The sets, props, and costumes were impressive, and the actors were cute. Though Sis has seen the animated feature, I have not, so now I'm anxious to rent it.

The theater was very stuffy and hot, so we were ready for cold watermelon when we got back home. Sis accompanied Mother home right away, since she was tired from the outing, and then she came to our house to fetch watermelon for the two of them.

Closed the day with a one-hour TV show.

0 comments: