Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday, August 13

Some parts of the state got rain overnight and this morning, but once again, our county was left out. Boo. The weather was tolerable today, though.

Slept late, until about 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9 a.m.

Once I was ready for the day, Mother chopped bell pepper and mushrooms. I sauteed the mushrooms for the freezer, and put the bell pepper in a pan of water to be boiled for macaroni. When the macaroni had cooked, I made a cheese sauce to add to it.

Didn't accomplish much else before noon. For lunch, Mother had her usual Ramen Noodle soup. I found a couple of homemade fajitas in the freezer, which I heated in the oven and served with small servings of the mac and cheese for Hubbie and me.

Mother headed to the couch after lunch, and I worked to create a baby shower card for Granddaughter, who will be honored this coming Saturday. It takes a while to decide on a design and then search for appropriate papers, etc.

Mother finished her nap early this afternoon, around 3 p.m., and relaxed in den. I needed to make a birthday card for a friend, but didn't have any ideas for a design, so I spent time browsing card-making books and magazines for an idea, and found one I can adapt. I'll work on it tomorrow.

I usually have an ESL class today, but I noticed an ad in our local newspaper Friday annoucing that the college would be closed all day today. I e-mailed my student right away to let her know we won't meet until next Monday. I wonder why the librarian didn't alert me to this while we were there last Monday? If I hadn't just happened to see that ad, the student and I would have made a wasted trip to the college today.

Shortly after 4 p.m., I put leftover veggies, and some of the macaroni and cheese into the oven to heat. We had the meal with slices of homemade wheat bread. Accompanied Mother to her house afterward.

Hubbie and I watched TV for the evening, including an episode of "Mystery Woman," from the Hallmerk Movie Channel.







0 comments: