Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday, August 15

Up around 7:30 this morning, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning.

Once I was ready for the day, Mother and I made greeting cards. Mother decided she was in the mood for it today, once I gave her an idea and prepared papers, suggested stickers to use, etc. She made two birthday cards suited for kids. I made a couple of adult birthday cards.

After lunch, Hubbie and I spruced the house for company tomorrow...the scrapbook club will meet in the afternoon. I called the new Extension Homemakers agent and invited her to the meeting, and she said she is free to come.

Later, Mother and I resumed card-making until around 4 p.m., when I put dishes of leftovers in the oven for supper. We had a choice of round steak in gravy, with mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, zucchini and yellow squash, English peas, and spinach, along with bread and butter.

Accompanied Mother home afterward, and then Hubbie and I went to the WDCS for a few grocery items, mainly fruit. I picked up grapes, strawberries, and a pineapple, which I'll add to cataloupe, watermelon, and cherries, as a snack tomorrow afternoon, and for a fruit plate with dip to take to Granddaughter's baby shower Saturday. I also picked up sour cream and cream cheese to add to a package of dry peach dip mix.

Hubbie bought boxes of brownie mix, and when we got back home, he baked a batch of the treats to offer the ladies tomorrow. I'm thinking the new EH agent will want the fruit, since her main emphasis is health and fitness. She is currently promoting a 12-week diet and exercise program called "Strong Woman."

Watched a couple of one-hour shows on TV for the rest of the evening.



0 comments: