Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday, August 11

Up around 7:30, and after breakfast, I dressed to go for a bike ride, since it was a pleasant morning. In the meantime, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house.

As usual, lots of dogs yapped at us, or followed us, while we biked. The neighbor's labs...both female (mother and daughter)...stayed right with us for the whole trip, except for when they made a short excursion for a swim in a pond. Thankfully, they shook the water off before they came trotting back to us.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I accomplished nothing before lunch. After lunch, we all traveled to a town about fifteen miles away to attend the watermelon festival. Fortunately, we were able to find a handicapped space near the festival walkway.

The temp had risen, and it was hot, but no intolerable. Made a trip around the festival grounds, stopping to sign up for prizes, while we listened to a gospel group perform. Then we found a shady spot, where Mother enjoyed a cup of chocolate soft-serve ice cream (her favorite festival treat), and I enjoyed a big cup of fresh squeezed lemonade (my favorite festival treat).

Refreshed, we toured the car and tractor show, and then headed to the van to come home. Mother lost no time in heading to the couch for a nap after we got back. She slept until after 5 p.m. today.

My supper plan for today was hamburgers/turkey burgers. But in checking the freezer, I discovered we had no patties, so Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to buy the meat, and a head of lettuce.

Had the burgers with corn-on-the-cob. Hubbie and I had already started eating by the time Mother got up, but I hurried to prepare a plate for her. After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I settled in front of TV.

Watched a couple of movies...an LMN suspense film about a man who kills his wife, and then decides he's in love with his neighbor's wife, so he sets about planting cameras in her house, and undermining her husband.

The second movie was "Elvis and Anabelle." A beauty queen collapses during a pageant, and appears dead. At the funeral home, though, she suddenly revives. After that, she and the young mortician fall in love.




0 comments: