Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday, August 5

Slept late, until after 8 a.m., so it was nearly nine before we had breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house after that, where she watched the Academy Award winning movie, "The King's Speech," while I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises, and Hubbie did this and that around the yard. Hubbie and I had seen the movie at a theater several months ago.

I didn't accomplish anything else for the rest of the morning...not even getting dressed. After 11 a.m., I put leftover lasagna in the oven, followed by garlic bread later. While we enjoyed lunch, I put the leftover peach cobbler in the oven. Had that for dessert, topped with ice cream.

While we ate, we watched a "Mystery Woman" movie from the Hallmark Movie Channel. A woman (Kellie Martin) inherits a bookstore of mystery books from her uncle, and becomes an amateur sleuth. "Mystery Woman" is a TV series, in which mysterious murders happen to occur all around the heroine.

After lunch, Mother retired to the couch for a nap. As she was snoozing, I got a call from a high school classmate, inviting us all to a gathering of classmates in a town about 45 minutes away to bid goodbye to one of us who is moving away. I alerted the man who invited us that if we go, we will need to take Mother, because there will be no one here to stay with her. He said that was fine, since family is invited to the gathering. The class will meet at a restaurant on Tuesday, around 11 a.m., unless things change.

Hubbie and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV, including another "Mystery Woman" movie, and reading the Sunday newspaper.

Mother finished her nap around 4:30, and Hubbie made grilled cheese sandwiches for our supper. Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and hung around until she'd taken a shower. I put a load of laundry in the washer before I came back home.

Spent the rest of the evening in front of TV, as usual. While we did this, I checked online to see how my physical statistics compare to the Olympians, and found that my body style is most like a female weight lifter. I'd hoped I'd compare with someone a little more graceful and elegant!







0 comments: