Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday, Sept. 30

Last day of September. Another month swiftly gone.

We slept late this morning, until around 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises, as I usually do on Sunday. Spent the morning in routine Sunday chores, including planning the week's menu. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning.

For lunch, I heated leftover boiled chicken in the oven, along with a dish of English peas, and made gravy from the broth. Hubbie peeled potatoes, which I boiled and mashed. Served the meal with slices of Sis's homemade bread.

While we enjoyed the meal, we watched a movie on DVR..."A Dolphin's Tale." This wonderful 2011 movie, starring Harry Connick, Jr., Ashley Judd, Kris Kristofferson, Morgan Freeman, and Winter the dolphin, tells the story of a dolphin that loses her tail in a crab trap. The movie is inspired by a true story.

After lunch, Mother went to the couch for a nap. I was hoping to veg for the afternoon, but Hubbie decided we simply had to go grocery shopping at the WDCS. I hate grocery shopping, and today, I especially abhored the idea. But off we went, anyway.

About an hour after we got back, Mother finished her nap, and was ready for me to decorate the mantel...another job I wasn't looking forward to today. I immediately got stressed when we couldn't find the clay pot pilgrims. Took us forever to open every box in the corner of the spare room closet, only to find the boxes held nothing but Christmas stuff.

Finally found the box they were in, right in plain sight on the shelf. The reason we couldn't see it was that it was identified as "stands" on all sides but the top. We'd have had to be nine feet tall to see the top of the box! I remember that it was Hubbie's idea to change the box the pilgrims were in last year, but he didn't remember, so he naturally didn't recognize the box he put them in.

Once we finally found everything, I got it all on the mantel, and breathed a sigh of relief. By now it was 4 p.m., and time to think about supper. We decided on chicken salad sandwiches.

Accompanied Mother home afterward, and then it was finally time to veg and watch TV until bedtime.



0 comments: