Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, Feb. 19

Up around 7:30 this morning, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and after I was ready for the day, we put together a recipe of baked beans for the oven later.

Did this and that before lunch, including making a haircut appointment for next week, and doing the word search puzzle contest. After lunch, we all pursued our own activities. Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, of course, and I spent my time on my computer.

I ordered photos to use in making scrapbook pages Thursday, if we have a meeting (it's questionable now, since predictions are for possible wintry weather that day). I also ordered four 350-piece to 400-piece jigsaw puzzles for Mother's birthday.

Then I scanned a copy of our high school graduation photo to e-mail to a friend who graduated with me. The photo shows 25 in our graduating class, but she sent me a list of 28 classmates. It's true that there were originally 28 in the class, but two dropped out before graduation, and one failed.

She also didn't have a complete list of the deceased. My information shows eight have passed. Sunday, when my friend and I discussed the most recent death, I thought she was number seven. So only seventeen of the graduating class are remaining...and that's scary. My friend pointed out that we might have ten more years left. Well, she might have ten years, but I'm planning on a lot more.

At 3 p.m., I put the beans into the oven, and at 4 p.m., Hubbie put sweet potatoes in. At 4:30, I put a ham slice in, and Just after 5 p.m. supper was ready. It was all very good.

Mother was ready to go home shortly afterward, and Hubbie accompanied her. Then we watched the 2011 movie, "Tower Heist," starring Ben Stiller, and Eddie Murphy. In this comedy-crime feature, a wealthy man, who lives in the penthouse of an apartment building, skins a group of people out of their retirement funds in a Ponzi scheme. So a group of the employees plan to rob the penthouse to get their money back. Of course, they are inept, so everything that can go wrong, does.


0 comments: