Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday, March 14

Woke up around 5:30 again this morning, but drifted back to sleep about 30 minutes later, and then slept until after 8 a.m. Hubbie was undecided last night if he wanted to get up and go to an all-day master gardener training session. But since we slept so late, he opted out of that and decided instead to go to the regular MG monthly meeting at a local bank instead. The meeting started at 10 a.m.

Before he left for the meeting, he accompanied Mother to our house, where she worked on her jigsaw puzzle. She finished it later today.

I didn't accomplish much once I was ready for the day. I'm coughing and sneezing more today than yesterday, so of course I didn't exercise. I'll have to wait until the symptoms have passed before I get back to my routine. I don't like missing a lot of days, because it means I have to start slowly and build up again. I won't be going to water aerobics tomorrow, but I'm hoping by Monday, this cold will be nothing but a memory.

At lunch, I fixed homemade chicken noodle soup and blueberry muffins, along with an orange for dessert, for Mother and me. The master gardeners provided lunch after their meeting, so Hubbie stayed for that, and arrived back home around 1 p.m.

Didn't accomplish much during the afternoon, either. Around 3:30 p.m., Mother and I adjoured to the kitchen to begin supper preparatons. She diced onions, and cubed the potatoes that I'd cooked last night, as well as the rest of the beef roast, and then she fixed a recipe of slaw. I used the onions, beef, and potatoes to make beef hash, and I put dishes of Lima beans and butter beans in the oven to heat. It was a good meal.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house after supper, and then he and I watched TV, including an episode of "Vikings," and an episode of "The Bible," both recorded from the history channel. Then we watched our favorite college basketball team as they played to a disappointing loss in the SEC tournament, which ends their run this year.



0 comments: