Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thursday, March 7

Slept late again, until around 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, where she resumed her jigsaw puzzle. Then he ran errands, while I got ready for the day.

I had absolutely nothing planned today, and nothing is pretty much what I did. Spent a lot of time playing on my tablet, and reading my novel.

Since there were plenty of leftovers, it didn't take much effort to prepare meals either. For lunch, we each had something different...Ramen noodle soup for Mother, a turkey burger and fruit for me, and a bowl of rice with milk, butter, and sugar, along with toast, for Hubbie.

For supper, we had the leftovers from the Japanese restaurant. I added the leftover rice from Sunday's meal to the restaurant-seasoned rice, and stirfried a side dish of frozen mixed veggies, onions, and bell peppers, to which I added the chicken and shrimp from the restaurant. Mother ate two helpings of this.

After supper, I checked Mother's blood pressure...I've been checking it twice a day this week, as suggested by the doctor. Her BP has vacillated from a low of 132/68 to a high of 156/78.

Afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house. Then he and I watched TV, including a History Channel feature, "The Bible." This is a five-part docudrama series that takes viewers through the stories of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Tonight, we watched part one, which focuses on Noah, Abraham, and Moses. This episode will be re-broadcast March 10, from 6-8 p.m.



0 comments: