Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday, March 5

Since we had nothing pressing scheduled today, we slept late, until around 8 a.m. I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house while I got ready for the day. She went right to her jigsaw puzzle.

I was glad we didn't have anything planned, because it was a miserable windy-cold day today. I had no desire whatever to go outside. So I was pretty lazy and didn't accomplish a lot other than sending a sample citizenship test to my student, who is anxious to study to become an American citizen; and sending a recipe for pickling and canning mushrooms to Granddaughter and Sis. This is a recipe I found in a magazine. I want to try it, and I thought they might like to, too.

Did this and that around the house, and then wasted the rest of the day playing on my tablet and finishing a John Grisham novel. Chose a new novel titled "True Colors," by Kristin Hannah. This is the story of three very different sisters, whose mother dies when they are young. They always banded together, until something happens to pit them against each other. The oldest is overweight and yearns for her father's approval; the middle sister is the family peacemaker; the youngest, beautiful and popular, has chosen to stay with her father on the family's horse ranch.

Later, for supper, we had leftover hot dogs and turkey burgers, with corn-on-the-cob, and cheesy rice. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including the two-hour pilot of "Red Widow," a thriller about a woman whose life of luxury is masked by the fact that her father, brother, and husband are organized criminals. Her husband is shot dead in front of her house, and then she has to do what's necessary to protect her family.

Followed that by watching our favorite college basketball team as they played to a miserable loss.





0 comments: