Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday, March 6

Today is Nephew's birthday. Happy Birthday, Nephew!

Slept late again this morning, until 8 a.m. Again, I had no desire to leave the house on this windy-cold day. Exercised on the treadmill after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and then he ran errands. Mother worked on her jigsaw puzzle, and finished it while I got ready for the day.

Mother had abandoned another jigsaw puzzle she'd started before her birthday, but today she was ready to work on it again, so I brought it out of the spare bedroom.

If I accomplished nothing yesterday, I accomplished even less today, preferring instead to play on my tablet and read my novel.

After lunch, while Mother continued with her puzzle, Hubbie and I watched the 1996 Andrew Lloyd Webber musical movie, "Evita," starring Madonna, and Antonio Banderas. The movie has its critics, but we enjoyed it.

For supper, we had leftovers from Sunday's meal...chicken, rice, gravy, and green beans. Afterward, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house. Then he and I spent time watching TV, including a History Channel docudrama about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, narrated by Tom Hanks. We followed that with a couple of one-hour shows.

It wasn't an exciting day, but it was a relaxing one. We don't have anything special planned for tomorrow, or for the rest of the week, for that matter. Goofing off is on the agenda, since next week promises to be fairly busy.

0 comments: