Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday, April 20

Slept late, until 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30. She went to her jigsaw puzzle, while I got ready for the day.

I didn't accomplish much this morning. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...first to deliver the truck to the shop (I followed Hubbie in the van). Seems there is a problem with the bearings in one wheel, and replacement is going to be a costly procedure, drat it.

From there, we went to the post office, and then we dropped by a friend's house to pick up three bags of silk flowers. Every time this lady cleans a closet, she gives me crafts and other supplies.  If I cannot use them, I pass them on to the community theater, which is what I might do with the flowers.

After that, we went to the WDCS to shop for groceries, and a new laptop cooler. The new cooler is much more comfortable resting on my lap, because it is padded. The old one had little things on the bottom for sitting on a surface, and they were positioned so that they rested right on top of my legs, which was irritating.

From the WDCS, we retraced our steps back to town, because Hubbie had forgotten that he had business at the bank. He was aggravated at having to go back to town, which it seems was my fault, because if I hadn't decided to go to town with him, he would have remembered to add the bank to the errand list. Really? Well, if I hadn't gone to town, then who would have picked him up after he delivered the truck to the shop? He finally had to admit that he simply forgot to add the bank errand to the list.

After stopping at the gas station, we returned home. By now it was around 3 p.m., so Mother and I went to the kitchen to begin supper preparations. Mother diced veggies...mushrooms, onions, bell pepper...and cubed leftover pork roast, and then shredded Monterey Jack cheese. In the meantime, I cooked a batch of rice, and made a cheese sauce for it.

When the veggies were ready, I seasoned and sauteed them, and then added them to the meat, along with rinsed black beans, green chilies, and salsa. Mother spooned the mixture onto flour tortillas, topped them with cheese, and wrapped them in foil. At the table, we spooned sour cream and/or salsa onto the them.

I put everything into the oven shortly after 4 p.m., and by 5 p.m., we were ready to eat. Mother is not a fan of Mexican type foods, but she liked these, since they were not very spicy.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including season finales of "Call the Midwife," and "Mr. Selfridge." While I watched these shows, I also uploaded photos to an online photo storage site.

*****************************************************

What a horrible weather day for our neighboring state.....a massive tornado wiped out 30 square miles of homes, and killed at least 51 so far. I am heart sick. It is said to be the most destructive tornado of all time. Several other states, including ours, are in the path of this storm, though weather forecasters say it should weaken considerably by the time it gets to us. We are expecting severe thunderstorms, with the possibility of tornadoes. Still, we are very anxious, of course.



0 comments: