Saturday, May 25, 2013

Saturday, May 25

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. I intended to do an exercise session, but didn't get around to it. Since Hubbie's niece, her husband, and Hubbie's sister were at Niece's new house, where a moving van was unloading their belongings, Hubbie felt he needed to go there and assist.

In the meantime, his daughter called to ask if we would be here today, because she wanted to drop by for a visit, and then have Hubbie show her where Niece's house was. I had thought that she wasn't scheduled to visit until Monday, so it threw me into a bit of a dither that the house was not prepared for company.

I hurried to get dressed, and while I was upstairs, Sis rushed around and spruced the house. By the time I got back downstairs, everything looked presentable.

Daughter arrived right at noon, and joined us for a chicken salad sandwich lunch. Before I sat down to eat, I prepared a boxed chocolate cake mix for the oven. It baked while we ate, and in a few minutes, we had helpings of it warm and without icing.

Afterward, Hubbie and I rode with Daughter to Niece's house, where Hubbie's sister toured us. It's a really nice house, with three bedrooms, two and a half baths (the master bath has two big clothes closets, and a Jacuzzi bathtub, plus a shower), a large living room, kitchen, and dining room, an office, and an upstairs exercise room, plus a very large deck outside. It sits on about seven acres of land, but there are no trees.

We got back home around 4 p.m., in time to start supper preparations. Mother and Sis helped. They put together burritos, which I put in the oven with leftover cheesy rice, and potatoes leftover from last night's supper.

Afterward, Hubbie took a container of tea, a chest of ice, and helpings of the chocolate cake to Niece's house. Then he went to the grocery store to pick up items for making dinner tomorrow...we invited Niece and her family, Hubbie's sister, and his nephew.

I've planned slow cooker chicken, oven potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and coleslaw for the meal, which should be fairly easy to put together. As soon as Hubbie got back, I baked another pineapple/angel food cake for tomorrow's dessert.

While Hubbie was gone, Mother, Sis, and I watched two Lifetime Movie Network features...one a murder mystery, and the other a movie based on the true story of a woman who stabbed bed-bound husband nearly 200 times, and then buried him in the backyard. At her trial, she insisted she did it because her husband was abusive and she was afraid of him. The jury didn't buy it.


0 comments: