Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday, May 21

Today is Great-Granddaughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Great-Granddaughter!

We were awakened twice last night by crashing thunder. I turned the TV on both times to check the weather to be sure there were no tornado warnings. There were not, and we were able to go right back to sleep both times.

Woke up again around 8 a.m., and did stair stepping and resistance bands exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, and we watched last night's episode of "Dancing With the Stars."

Tonight is the finale, and I'm recording it, so I don't want to watch the morning shows tomorrow. Mother and I don't want to know who wins until we see the episode. So I'll record the morning shows to watch later.

When the episode was over, I got ready for the day. By then it was lunchtime. I wasn't very hungry, so I settled for a slice of toast with jelly, and part of an apple. Mother had her usual soup lunch, and Hubbie had a ham sandwich.

Afterward, Hubbie decided we needed to go to the auto repair shop to pick up the truck. It was really dark outside, threatening a storm, but Hubbie thought that we could get back before it started. I didn't think so, and I was right. By the time we got to the shop, the sky had opened up, and a storm raged.

Hubbie said it would probably stop by the time I got back home. It did not, so I sat in the van until it eased. Entertained myself by snapping pictures through the windshield with my cell phone camera, and then uploading them to my social network page.

When the rain slacked, I dashed inside. Spent the rest of the afternoon making thank you greeting cards, using my photos as backgrounds. The cards are for the folks who hosted garden tours at their homes, and for the Extension Homemakers Council, to thank the organization for awarding money to our club to help buy supplies for making cards for Caring Hands Hospice.

Later, I heated leftover yellow and zucchini squash and potatoes for supper. Baked a can of biscuits to go with the meal. Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV. As I watched, I uploaded photos to an online storage site.












 

0 comments: