Friday, May 24, 2013

Thursday, May 23

Slept late again, until around 8 a.m., but since there were a  lot of things I wanted to get done today, I skipped my exercises, and got ready for the day right away, while I waited for my medication to take effect.

After breakfast, Hubbie and I went to pick up the van. Before we went to the shop, we stopped by a cafe' to pick up a quart of chicken salad, and then drove to the newspaper office to drop off this week's word search puzzle contest.

From there, we went to the auto repair shop. I was wrong in thinking the bill for fixing a wire to the electronic system would be inexpensive. It didn't cost an arm and a leg like the wheel bearing repair to the truck, but it did cost an arm.

We returned home after that to put the chicken salad in the refrigerator, and then we went to the WDCS for groceries.

As soon as I got home, I made a pineapple/angel food cake, using a very simple recipe a family member posted on a social network site. The calls for mixing a can of crushed pineapple into an angel food cake mix, and baking for 25 minutes. I used Sis's visit as an excuse to taste test the cake to see if it's something I'll want to serve to other guests, and take to potluck events. Later, we enjoyed servings of this light, fruity cake, with whipped topping. It was delicious.

It was close to noon by the time the cake came out of the oven, so I put lunch on the table. Afterward, Hubbie went to the yard, and Mother finished her jigsaw puzzle (Hubbie had accompanied her to our house at the usual time this morning).

I spent the afternoon making a couple of birthday cards, and finishing thank you cards I made earlier in the week. I wanted to get all these cards in the mail tomorrow, since there will be no mail delivery Monday due to the Memorial Day holiday.  I wanted to be sure the birthday cards to my granddaughters next week. Seems to take the mail a little longer to get where it's going these days, and holidays particularly delay it. 

Later, I put leftovers in the oven to heat, and we had supper at 5 p.m. Sis, who is to spend a few days with us, hadn't arrived by this time, but she did get here before 6 p.m., and the meal was still warm enough.

After supper, we watched TV...a Lifetime Movie Network mystery feature, and the two-hour season finale of "Criminal Minds." At snack time, we indulged in more of the yummy pineapple/angel food cake. Sis accompanied Mother home after movie time, and Hubbie and I headed to bed.

0 comments: