Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wednesday, May 29

Up at 8 a.m., and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning. She completed a jigsaw puzzle yesterday, so I located another one for her to start. Then I went upstairs to get ready for the day.

Back downstairs, I did this and that around the house, including laundry. Hubbie spent his morning outdoors.

At lunch, Hubbie did the honors of making French toast, which we topped with the blueberry jelly that didn't jell when we made it last week.

After lunch, Mother and I made another batch of blueberry jelly in the automatic jelly/jam maker, this time using lemon juice in the mixture to add acidity. We'll know tomorrow if it worked, but I'm not very hopeful. A partial jar that I did not process in the water bath does not seem to be jelling.

Mother returned to her puzzle after that, and I spent the rest of the afternoon getting summer clothes out of storage, and storing winter clothing. Part of the task was trying on items to see what I can still wear, and what I need to shop for. I found that I need denim crop pants, and I'll shop for some tomorrow.

Once I'd gotten my closet back in order, it was around 3:30, so I relaxed and played with my e-tablet. In checking my social network site, I realized that another of my great-grandchildren graduated from kindergarten recently, so I hurried and made a congratulations greeting card for him.

Later, for supper, we had leftovers again...this time the rest of the barbecued country ribs, macaroni salad, and veggies.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and then we watched TV, including British comedies on DVD, borrowed from the library.



0 comments: