Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday, June10

Slept fine, but woke up at 4:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. Got up at 6 a.m. (yawn) to get ready for water aerobics. This was the first morning I felt comfortable wearing a t-shirt, though I wore it over fleece pants. The pool was delightfully warm today. Fifteen of us showed up to enjoy it.

News from the pool today was that the winds from the storms yesterday did quite a bit of tree damage on the other side of town. A tree at one member's home was completely uprooted. Apparently, several hundred folks were without power for a while, too. We were fortunate that nothing happened at our house.

I was surprised when I left the gym after aerobics to find a couple of dozen kids and their parents standing outside. Every kid carried a soccer ball, so I guess they were waiting for the field to be set up. Hubbie's nephew-in-law is involved in kid sports camps at the college all this week, though I imagine he's dealing with basketball camp.

Back home, after I'd had a couple of cups of coffee, Hubbie put color in my hair in anticipation of haircut appointments Wednesday. Before he did that, he accompanied Mother to our house. She went to her puzzle.

By the time I was ready for the day, it was already 11 a.m., so I put together chef's salads for Hubbie's and my lunch. For protein, I added tuna, which prompted Mother to decide she wanted tuna and cracker and slices of white cheddar cheese for her lunch, instead of her usual Ramen Noodle soup.

The salads were fully loaded with grape tomatoes, Vidalia onions, apple, Craisins, pecans, tuna, cottage cheese, and choice of dressings. I served leftover garlic bread with the meal. Very good for a summery day.

After lunch, Mother went back to her puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands. First stop was the laundro-mat to wash kitchen and bathroom rugs. I don't like to wash rugs in my home washer. Then we headed to the library, where we intended to take back DVDs and select four more.

On the way, Hubbie asked if I'd remembered to bring the DVDs we'd watched. No, I had not, drat it! So back home we came to get them. By the time we got to the library, and chose movies we wanted, we'd wasted enough time for the rugs to have finished washing, so we went to the laundro-mat and picked them up.

Back home, I gathered supplies and ingredients for making jelly in the automatic jelly maker. Mother helped, and we made a recipe of mixed berry (blackberry/blueberry/cranberry) jelly. So far, it seems to be jelling, though I won't know until tomorrow if it has set sufficiently.

Spent the rest of the afternoon goofing off  reading my novel and today's newspapers, and playing on my e-tablet.

Later, I heated Dragon Soup, and baked canned biscuits, for our supper. Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and then he and I watched a Showtime movie..."Bending the Rules," a 2012, PG-13, film about a New Orleans district attorney determined to take down a corrupt cop. Action/comedy. 








0 comments: