Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday, June 9

Up around 8 a.m., but skipped my exercises again. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house early, so we could put a pot of Dragon Soup on to simmer. Mother diced veggies for it...onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, banana pepper...and I sauteed these in olive oil, along with spices and garlic. Added beef broth and chicken broth, and diced tomatoes, and let the mixture cook for an hour or so, then added leftover veggies collected in the freezer.

While the soup cooked, we did the usual Sunday morning things. One thing I did was go into the yard and snap pictures of flowers, and then upload them to my social network page. I also uploaded pics of Great-Granddaughter that I took yesterday afternoon. 

After lunch, I gave Mother a choice of my going home with her to sort her summer clothes, or watching movies. She chose movies. So we watched a couple of "Miss Marple" movies.

Hubbie is not fond of British movies, so he went out to work in the yard. He wanted to finish mowing the yard before a storm set in. Later, a couple of storms did roll through, bringing thunder, high winds, and a downpour of rain.

Once the storms passed, I decided to make a peach cobbler. While I did this, Hubbie went to the WDCS to buy cartons of ice cream...regular for himself, and fat-free for Mother and me.

When he got back, I made fried sandwiches for the three of us for supper. Then we had the cobbler with ice cream for dessert. Followed that with a Hallmark romance movie, and then Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house.

Spent the evening reading the Sunday paper, and doing this and that around the house.

**************************************************

This afternoon, after I'd been in the yard, I found a tick with a white dot on its back crawling on my arm. Yikes! Not good. I'm glad it hadn't found a place to dig in. From what I've learned online, this is called a Lone Star tick, and it spreads a disease similar to Lyme disease.

I don't like ticks. I much prefer the beautiful wildflowers we saw along the roadside on our travel to and from the campground yesterday...black eyed Susans, Queen Anne's lace, cone flowers, bright orange butterfly weed, orange day lilies (also known as ditch lilies or outhouse lilies), purple thistle, long-stem violet larkspar, and small yellow wildflowers.


 

 

0 comments: