Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday, June 13

Up at 7:30, and did stair stepping after breakfast, but skipped my weights exercises, so I could get started preparing food for Saturday. The first thing I checked was the jelly we re-did yesterday. This time it was truly set. So at the first opportunity, I'm going to try the automatic jelly maker again, this time using our favorite pectin, instead of the one the jelly maker manufacturer recommends.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9 a.m., and she diced veggies for making baked beans. I put together the recipe and started the beans baking by 10 a.m. Hubbie peeled potatoes, and I boiled those, along with a pan of eggs. Mother diced veggies, except for onions, to go in potato salad. Once the potatoes were cool, I put them in the refrigerator to continue cooling until tomorrow.

Finally, I was ready to go upstairs and get ready for the  day. Hubbie had left around 10:30 to go to a Master Gardener meeting, and he returned right at noon.

After a lunch of leftovers from the Italian restaurant, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, Hubbie went downtown to fetch four small folding tables with folding chairs to use Saturday, and I spent a couple of hours cleaning house.

Besides housework, I called my dentist's office to change my appointment. The office had called me yesterday to say they needed to move my June 26 appointment to June 28. But that didn't work for me, because Sis will be here, and we might want to do something fun that day. So I agreed to a July 3 date, with the stipulation that if something fun came up that day related to the July 4 holiday, I'd be calling the change it again. I can't have dental appointments interfering with my fun.

Later, Mother and I prepared bagel pizzas and salad for supper. Hubbie accompanied her home afterward, and then he and I watched TV.







 

0 comments: