Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday, June 8

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises, so I could get dressed and do a few things around the house before lunch, because we decided to go to another town to visit with Son and family where they are camped for the weekend.

We headed that way shortly after lunch, and spent a few hours at the camp. We enjoyed our visit with Son, Daughter-in-Law, Grandson and his wife, and Great-Granddaughter. We don't see Great-Granddaughter very often, so she was shy around us.

The weather was glorious for visiting outdoors...low temperature and low humidity, with not a lot of pests. Grandson and his family were at the lake when we arrived, and when they returned to camp, they remarked on how cold the water was for swimming. We've had such a mild spring that the water has not warmed. I think it'll be August before I'll even consider swimming in the lake.

Our discussion today centered on a possible trip to Gulf Shores for the Granddaughter's wedding. We are exploring the possibility of taking our campers to save money, if we can iron out all the details.

We visited until around 3 p.m., then headed home. As soon as we got back, Mother and I prepared leftovers for the oven. It was an odd supper of spaghetti, cubed baked potatoes with white gravy, pork chops, green beans, and French bread. But it satisfied rumbling tummies.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV.

My plan for today was to make jelly, and help Mother unearth her summer clothes, but we believe in dropping everything when there is fun to be had.

************************************************

Sad: I spoke to Niece today, and she said her father (my brother) is now in hospice, and has only about a week left. My heart is aching, since I can't be there for him or for Niece.


0 comments: