Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday, June 3

Up at 6:30 this morning to get ready for water aerobics. I was surprised at how chilly it was. I wore my fleece outfit and hoodie, and was glad I did after I found that the pool was very cold. We were told that the pool had been emptied, painted, and then refilled last Thursday. With a pool that size, two or three days is not long enough to heat it. I sure hope it's warmer Wednesday.

To add insult to injury, the coach/lifeguard informed us we would need to leave early, because a swim team was to meet there at 8 a.m. Well, we are scheduled from 8:30 to 9:15.

So even though the swim team had a contract stating they could begin at 8 a.m, a compromise had to be reached. Therefore, we agreed to hold our aerobics class from 7:30 to 8:15, and the swim team will meet at 8:30. That means I'll have to move my getting-up time to 6 a.m. Phooey.

The talk today was, of course, the death of one of our members. Our leader said she had purchased a very nice wreath for the funeral, using money we had contributed each swim day.

Back home after aerobics, I relaxed with a couple of cups of coffee, while Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. She went right to her puzzle, while I got ready for the day. In the meantime, Hubbie went grocery shopping, because I wanted some deli turkey to have in sandwiches for lunch to go along with potato salad.

Mother, of course, opted for her usual Ramen noodle soup.

After lunch, she and I made another spice cake. This time I baked the cake in two round pans, so I could wrap them for the freezer.

Making the cakes was the only project I had planned for this afternoon, so Mother went back to her puzzle, and I caught up on reading newspapers...the Sunday and Monday editions of the state paper, and our local paper.

Then, I goofed off on my tablet playing word games, as well as "find the object," and "find the differences in photos," games. I told myself that I was doing it for my health...exercising my brain, and staving off Alzheimer's Disease.

Later, I fixed a supper of biscuits and gravy, with a side of leftover oven fried potatoes. Not a very imaginative meal, but it's all I could come up with. I strain my brain every week deciding on meals.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward, and then he and I watched TV, including a movie on DVD borrowed from the library..."The Lincoln Lawyer," a 2011 film starring Matthew McConaughy. A slick lawyer works out of the back of his Lincoln car, and defends the sleaziest clients. Then he is hired to defend an evil wealthy man, and in the process begins to question his own ethics.















0 comments: