Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday, July 1

July 1 already. Where did June go? The months are going by at the speed of lightning.

We were up at 6 a.m. this morning, so I could get ready to go to water aerobics. What a gorgeous, cool, day for the walk to the gym. The pool was adequately warm, too. It felt good to be in it, after being out for a week and a half.

Fifteen of us attended today. Our leader announced that we will have aerobics Wednesday, but the pool will be closed Friday...I guess for the July 4 holiday. But after that, we should be back on a regular schedule.

Time off is difficult for most of the ladies, who don't have home exercise routines. So the first after we return, they suffer sore muscles. I exercise most days of the week, so it's no problem for me to get right back into the aerobics routine. I prefer the pool, of course, because it is so much easier to exercise in water than on land.

Back home, I had a couple of cups of coffee, and then got ready for the day. Before I went upstairs, I located another jigsaw puzzle for Mother to begin working on. Hubbie had accompanied her to our house around 9:30.

Just as I finished dressing, a member of our scrapbook club called. She is the one who has not been able to attend the past few months, because of a dizziness problem. Today, she wanted to tell me that last Wednesday she suffered a hairline fracture to a rib when she tripped over her dog as she tried to get up from her recliner chair, lost her balance, and came down hard on the arm of a love seat. So obviously, she will be out of commission for a while.

During our conversation, she mentioned that her small community, which is about ten miles from our house, was pretty seriously hit by the thunderstorm that blew through here last Thursday afternoon. We got a little wind and thunder, but not even a drop of rain. But in her community, among other damage, a large tree in the town park was uprooted and tossed across the street, and there was a two-day power outage.

It was noon by the time I got back downstairs. Hubbie had already gotten lunch together...Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and chicken salad sandwiches for Hubbie and me. Afterward, Mother went back to her puzzle, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the post office, to the bank, to a grocery store to pick up prescriptions and a free jar of salsa, and to the WDCS for groceries and incidentals for ourselves and Mother.

Back home, I relaxed until time to heat leftover lasagna and French bread for supper. Mother made salads for the meal.

Hubbie accompanied Mother home afterward supper, and then he and I watched TV, including a 2006  movie about Truman Capote, called "Infamous," in which viewers are taken along on his journey to interview townspeople, as well as the two killers who murdered a family in a small town in Kansas. The resulting interviews led to Capote's bestselling book, "In Cold Blood."











0 comments: