Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday, July 18

Woke up at 6 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep, drat it, but stayed in bed until Hubbie woke up at 7:30. Skipped my exercises so I could spruce the house some more, in anticipation of at least one of the scrapbook club members coming this afternoon.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went right to work trimming the Christmas greeting cards. While she did that, I boiled a pan of macaroni and made cheese sauce. I refrigerated the mac and cheese until later, when I baked it in the oven.

The other member arrived right at 1 p.m., and we worked for a couple of hours cutting greetings and designs from the cards to be re-purposed in making new cards. After a harrowing week of water problems at her house (a toilet overrunning and flooding her bathroom, and a hose bursting on her washing machine, flooding her utility room), she was ready to relax with "busy work."

We had a good visit while we worked, and around 2 p.m., I served refreshments of coffee and oatmeal/chocolate chip/nut cookies. At 3 p.m., we ended the session, and the other member left. I assured her she didn't need to rush off, but she said she needed to go get ingredients for making refreshments of cucumber sandwiches for a 6 p.m. game-night gathering of ladies this evening. She and two friends gather once a month to play Rummikub.

Once we cleared away the trash from our session, we began supper preparations. Mother sliced tomatoes and Vidalia onions, and cut up cucumbers, yellow squash, and banana peppers. I put the dish of mac and cheese in oven, and then closer to meal time, I toasted bread, and we made BLT's.

It was a tasty summertime meal, and afterward, we watched a few more episodes of "Wind at My Back." Mother opted to go home a little earlier this evening, since she wanted to decide what to wear tomorrow morning when we go to Senior Day at the fair.

Hubbie and I continued watching TV until bedtime.





0 comments: