Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday, Sept. 20

Up at 7 a.m., because we were expecting a lady to come by at 10 a.m. to look at and measure the stairwell, the upstairs bathroom, and the kitchen for painting. We've had trouble finding anyone willing to remove wall paper, but this lady will do it.

I skipped my exercises and just went ahead got dressed and cleaned the bathroom. Downstairs, Around 9:30, though, the lady called to say she'd been delayed and it would be around 2 p.m. before she could come.

Hubbie accompanied Mother our house, and she worked on her puzzle, while Hubbie and I went to the paint store to look at samples. I brought some home and chose colors for the three areas. I hate doing this, since I'm always afraid I'll hate my choices once they are on the wall. But paint is sale priced at 40% off for the next few days, so I felt like I had to hurry and choose colors.

Back home, I fixed lunch, and afterward we all relaxed for the afternoon until the lady came to look at the wall paper and measure the walls.

Didn't do much after that for the rest of the afternoon, except run a couple of errands.

Later for supper we had leftover New England stew, with a choice of cornbread or biscuits. Got a call from Grandson afterward. We had a nice chat about his new baby, my newest great-granddaughter. Grandson plans to bring his family for a visit in a couple of weeks, when the baby's mother is up to it, and when his mom and dad, both of whom are ailing right now, begin feeling better.

Also got a call from our water aerobics leader, who said that the pool will be closed again next week, while the powers that be at the college decide whether or not to re-open the pool at all again. Seems they think maintaining it is a drain on finances. Drat it! I'm going to be mighty downhearted if I can't go swimming anymore.

Our town is in the process of building a community center and recreation complex that will include a therapy pool, as well as a regular pool, but they aren't projected to be completed for another year or so.

Mother was ready to go home around 7 p.m., so Hubbie accompanied her. Then we watched episodes of "One Tree Hill."



 



0 comments: