Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday, Oct. 11

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises after breakfast, so I could get ready to go to an event at the museum, where there was to be a display of Model-T's, or "Tin Lizzies." The cars were first to be at the local Ford dealer, so that's where we went.

By the time we got there, though, it was only minutes before the drivers fired up their vehicles to go to the museum. So we traveled to the museum, too, passing the antique cars on our way. We arrived at the museum in time to snag a handicap space.

The cars paraded to their assigned parking spaces, and then we were able to walk among them and snap pictures. I just love these old cars, some of which are colorful, and others that have stuck to traditional black.

We spent about an hour at the museum, touring the dozen or so cars, and talking with the owners. What a gorgeous day for this event.

From there, we went to the farmers market, where we picked up apples, butternut squash, as well as a couple of small pumpkins to add to the outdoor display. Then we went to a fast food restaurant to get cups of chili for lunch.

Back home, after lunch, while Hubbie ran errands, I set a pan of eggs on to boil, and then made a recipe of Chinese beets.

When I was done in the kitchen, Mother and I watched both the 1953 and 2005 versions of "War of the Worlds." These are two of the movies we traditionally watch in October...Halloween month. Hubbie isn't keen on them, though, so he finds other things to do.

Later, for supper, Mother peeled and chopped the eggs, which I added to white gravy. Served the egg gravy over toast.

Afterward, I accompanied Mother to her house, and then Hubbie and I changed clothes to go to a reception at the art gallery.

The artist, 91 years old, paints whimsical acrylics depicting life in the south. He attended the reception and spoke briefly of his varied life as an artist, which included advertising, and creating cartoon cells for Walt Disney.

Back home around 7 p.m., I took a sample of the refreshments from the gallery to Mother, and then Hubbie and I settled in to watch one-hour shows on TV.

It was a pleasant day.

  

  

0 comments: