Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday, Oct. 12

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast.

Shortly after that, there came a thunderstorm. I'm not keen on being either in the kitchen or the bathroom during thunderstorms, so I waited to hit the shower.

The annual citywide yard sales were scheduled for today, but we opted out, of course. I wonder how many of the sales were cancelled due to the weather. It's just as well that we didn't go, because I don't need anymore stuff cluttering my house.

During a period when the storm slacked a bit, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. Not long after she got here, the rain started up again. We didn't really feel like doing anything useful, so we decided to watch movies on TV.

The thunderstorms finally stopped around noon, so I went upstairs to get ready for the day. Mother adjourned to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie continued watching TV.

Later in the afternoon, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college football team as they played to a positively embarrassing loss. Boo-hiss.

After a thoroughly unproductive day, we had leftovers for supper. I put spaghetti and sauce in the oven to heat, and Mother prepared salads and garlic bread. She and I also snapped beans from the garden, which I seasoned and put on the stove to simmer with chicken and beef broths, banana peppers and onions, and various seasonings. We'll have these with other veggies at lunch tomorrow.

Mother stayed around for a while after supper to watch TV, and then Hubbie accompanied her home. He and I vegged in front of TV after that, including episodes of "One Tree Hill."  I only half paid attention, since I spent time on my laptop, browsing my e-reader, or reading newspapers and Smithsonian magazines.

0 comments: