Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday, Oct. 10

Slept late, until around 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. While I got ready for the day, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went to her puzzle.

At 9:30, Hubbie headed out to run a couple of errands before going to a Master Gardener meeting at 10 a.m.

I did this and that around the house while he was gone. Lunch was on the table by the time he returned at noon. Mother opted for her usual Ramen Noodle soup, and I heated the remainder of the pork roast, potatoes, and gravy, for Hubbie's and my lunch.

Afterward, Mother returned to her puzzle, Hubbie shopped for groceries, and I started a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering. While the sauce cooked, I settled in to read back issues of Smithsonian magazine. When I'm through with them, I'll check to see if any family members want them. If not, I'll toss them, or leave them in the doctor's office waiting room. This is part of a plan to purge the house of unwanted or unneeded "stuff" of which I have a ton.

When Hubbie returned, he said he'd contacted the man who is to complete the job in the stairwell and upstairs bathroom, and the man said the job he is on now is taking longer than expected, so instead of beginning the project here tomorrow, it will be Monday. Dad gum it, this disruption has dragged on long enough! I feel like I'm living out of a suitcase.

Later, I cooked the spaghetti, and Mother prepared salad and garlic bread. It was a good meal, of course. We love spaghetti, and it's a standby meal that's quick to prepare on nights I can't think of anything else, or when I've failed to plan a week's menu, like I did this week.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and then he and I watched one-hour shows on TV.









0 comments: